TN 9 (02-98)

RS 01803.046 Change of Taxable Year


Treasury Department regulations prescribe conditions under which taxpayers may change from one taxable year to another.


Do not question a tax return filed on the basis of a changed taxable year unless the change is from calendar year to fiscal year, and the evidence conclusively establishes that the individual did not maintain books.


When a taxpayer changes from a calendar year to a fiscal year, a fiscal year to calendar year, or from one fiscal year to another, he/she must file a separate return for the fractional part of the year and the beginning of the new taxable year.

To Link to this section - Use this URL:
RS 01803.046 - Change of Taxable Year - 03/17/1998
Batch run: 07/03/2014