|1. Complete Post Entitlement Online System (POS) inputs to record the cessation appeal and Statutory Benefit Continuation (SBC) election.
2. In EDCS, complete and transfer medical cessation appeals to Disability Determination Service (DDS) or Office of Hearing Operations (OHO).
3. Upon receipt of the medical cessation determination, proceed with POS inputs to update the affirmations or reversals that do not automate.
4. Review MBR to ensure the medical cessation appeal determination is reflected properly and SBC benefits are terminated.
5. If the appeal determination did not process via the (TATTER) program, the PSC technician must process the input via MACADE.
|1. Document the CDR information, including SBC election, in EDCS.
NOTE: A POS input is no longer necessary because the information in EDCS automatically updates the DCF, which in turn updates the MBR, via T2R, with the appeal level and the appropriate pay status. For this reason, if a beneficiary is late requesting SBC and we do not find good cause, we will select “no” in EDCS for the SBC election to prevent improper payments.
2. In EDCS, complete and transfer the medical cessation appeal to DDS or OHO depending on the appeal level. The EDCS transfer will update the DCF and MBR with the applicable appeals type and SBC election.
3. Upon receipt of the medical cessation determination, review the MBR to ensure the applicable information received from EDCS and the DCF updated automatically. No POS action is required. Verify SBC termination has ended. The MBR should update within 5 days.
4. If the MBR does not update within 5 days, technicians should verify that the issue is pending on PCACS and follow-up as necessary.