|Processing Instructions for 7003.2 Cases – One-Time-Only Instructions
|EM - Emergency Messages
|Records Maintenance (Earnings & Enumeration)
|Link To Reference:
|See References at the end of this EM
February 19, 2024
Retention Date: January 19, 2017
This Emergency Message (EM) provides you with instructions on processing cases involving missing Numident information due to the use of the SSA Form CO-7003.2, “Request for Change in Your Social Security Records,” for a name change that occurred before January 2011.
SSA Form CO-7003.2 was an optional form used by new spouses to change their names with SSA through their employers. Employees used these forms when they married and wanted to update their names with both their employer and with SSA. When the form was submitted, parents’ names, and place of birth (POB), or both, were not required fields on the form. When the information was entered into the system, Numident iterations were created without these pieces of information. Now, due to Claims Enumeration Mini-Path and Autoclear (CEMA), we are not able to process some claims because required data elements are missing on the most recent iteration, but are visible on prior Numident iterations. When the Field Offices are unable to process a claim because the Numident is missing the Number Holder’s (NH’s) parents’ names and POB due to the use of Form SSA CO-7003.2, please follow these instructions:
NOTE: Since other internal and external sources rely on the Numident to verify Social Security number data, it is important that the data on the latest Numident reflect the most up-to-date data for each NH.
C. Processing instructions
Effective immediately, use the following instructions to process cases involving missing Numident information due to the use of the SSA Form CO-7003.2. These instructions will assist you in correctly updating the parents’ names and POB fields on the number holder’s Numident:
NOTE: The Enumeration System can only process one request for an addition, deletion or cross reference per day per individual SSN.
1. Retrieve and print the complete Numident query.
2. Establish a Numident Correction Process (NCP) Holding file (if not already established) per RM 10220.415D.
3. Determine the latest Numident entry that contains the place of birth and parent’s name(s).
4. Request the SS5 microprint(s) for the identified Numident iterations to verify information shown on the Numident iteration per RM 10220.365.
5. Place the pre-corrected (old) Numident, the microprints and any supporting documents in the NCP Holding File per instructions in RM 10220.415D.2.
6. Access the Numident Update Screens via SSNAP.
7. Use the Delete Incorrect Entry screen to delete the appropriate Numident entries, select “Other” as the Reason. Include the following information in the Remarks field:
8. Obtain 2nd PIN signoff by a member of management to clear the Delete Incorrect Entry action(s) per RM 10220.415C. Once completed, the Numident should update overnight.
“Update of (fill in appropriate missing data fields, i.e., parents’ names, POB) necessary due to prior use of SSA Form 7003.2. Update made using SS-5 microprint to verify correct information.”
9. The following day, check the Numident record to verify removal of the entries.
10. Once the removal of the entries is verified, use the “Add Correct Entry” screen to add the missing information to the Numident. If an entry is missing the place of birth and parent’s name(s), use the data from the latest complete Numident entry and verify the missing data with the SS5 microprint. Use the “Remarks” field to explain that we copied the place of birth or parent’s name(s) data from the latest Numident iteration and verified it with the microprint. Include the reference number of that Numident iteration.
11. Obtain a 2nd PIN signoff by a member of management to clear the Add Correct Entry action(s) per RM 10220.415C.
12. The following day, check the Numident record to verify the Numident missing information is correct.
The SSNAP User Guide provides instructions on completing the SSNAP Numident Update Screens.
Direct all program–related and technical questions to your RO or to your RO support staff or PSC OA. RO support staff or PSC OA staff may refer questions or problems to their Central Office contacts.
RM 10220.365 Requesting a Copy of a Signed Paper SS-5 Application
RM 10220.415 Numident Correction Processing (NCP)
SSNAP User Guide
EM-16025 - Processing Instructions for 7003.2 Cases – One-Time-Only Instructions - 07/22/2016