Retention Date: July 22, 2016
|Intended Audience:||All RCs/ARCs/ADs/FOs/PSCs|
|Originating Office:||DCO OPSOS|
|Title:||PSC Processing of Windfall Offset Diaries—Instructions Will Follow Shortly|
|Type:||EM - Emergency Messages|
|Program:||Title XVI (SSI)|
|Link To Reference:|
Retention Date: November 22, 2015
Retention Date: April 22, 2015
Revision: We are revising the EM to provide updated instructions regarding Phase II of the SSI windfall offset diaries pilot. Payment Service Center (PSC) technicians are now working 7W diaries and e4345 requests for automated windfall offset computations meeting the pilot screening criteria.
This emergency message (EM) announces the expansion of the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) windfall offset diaries pilot. Effective December 2013, all PSCs and Office of Disability Operations (ODO) are participating in the pilot. With this expanded process, PSC technicians will work selected 5W, 7W, 9W, 2L, and A9 diaries, as well as e4345 requests for automated windfall offset computations meeting the pilot screening criteria. Field Office (FO) employees should continue to use the ChiNet SSI Diary Workload Control Application and the e4345 application to identify actionable windfall offset workload. All other aspects of FO windfall offset diary processing remain the same.
B. NEPSC and NYRO SSI windfall offset diaries pilot
In October 2013, the Northeastern (NE)PSC and the New York Regional Office (NYRO) began a pilot in which benefit authorizers processed certain SSI windfall offset diaries with the following characteristics:
Servicing FOs continue to process 5W, 9W, 2L, and A9 windfall offset diaries that do not meet all of the above characteristics, and all other offset-related diaries.
The pilot phased in for all PSCs and ODO in November and December 2013.
· The diary code is 5W, 9W, 2L, or A9;
· The SSR record type is “individual” (no “eligible couple” cases);
· The windfall offset is only on one Supplemental Security Income record (SSR);
· Cases are from designated NY Region FOs; and
· The windfall offset computation can be automated.
C. Phase II Expansion
Effective March 2014, NEPSC and NYRO entered Phase II of the SSI windfall offset diaries pilot. PSC technicians are now working 7W diaries with the following characteristics:
· SSR shows a completed offset (WIN:F) and a T2 claim has been adjudicated and is awaiting windfall offset, or if a 5W diary is also pending, a windfall offset is pending for two different T2 CANs;
· Windfall offset period is contained on one SSR;
· SSR is not an eligible couple; and
· Windfall offset can be automated.