· Access RASR to check the Active Sanctions list and search the representative’s name
· Follow the instructions in Section D.5.a., below if a representative’s name is on the Active Sanctions list.
· Request that the Regional IT staff add the appointed representative to the Representative Table in CPMS, if needed (see the Representative Table Desk Guide for Hearing Offices).
· Update CPMS with the appointed representative information after the appointed representative has been added to the Representative Table. Update the representative in CPMS only if the principal representative has changed.
· Send an assistance request to inform the FO that they need to take action to document the appropriate systems with the representative’s information (see Section C, above, for sending assistance requests).
Sample Language: “Representative not in RASR. Please add/update representative information in EDCS/MCS/MSSICS as appropriate.”
· Add/upload the representative related documents to the claim(s) folder.
· For representative terminations, generate and send the appropriate correspondence via the Document Generation System (DGS) notifying the claimant of other available representation.
· Do not take any additional steps in this EM.