TN 2 (09-85)

GN 01704.565 Obtaining Evidence from Foreign Agencies

A. General

If an earnings record is needed from a foreign agency or pertinent medical evidence may exist in the records of a foreign agency, prepare the appropriate version of Form SSA-2960 (see GN 01704.710) to request the required documentation.

B. Medical evidence from Germany, Switzerland, Norway and Belgium

If a disability claimant is uninsured for SSA disability benefits, but has at least six U.S. QCs and the claimant has already filed a disability claim with a foreign agency, request copies of any medical evidence in the records of the foreign agency at the same time earnings information is requested.

C. Medical evidence from Ottawa/Quebec

Do not routinely request copies of medical evidence contained in Canadian agency files even when you know that the claimant has filed for or is receiving CPP or QPP disability benefits. The U.S. and Canada have agreed to develop evidence of disability independently and not to request evidence contained in each other's files.

D. Medical evidence from Italy

Do not request medical evidence from INPS.

To Link to this section - Use this URL:
GN 01704.565 - Obtaining Evidence from Foreign Agencies - 12/22/1989
Batch run: 10/17/2016