Requests for information contained in the records of the service departments, the National Military Personnel Records Center (NMPRC), the VA or any other Federal, State, or municipal agency, in addition to creating work for these other agencies, can result in lengthy delays in the final adjudication of claims. Every effort should be made to obtain acceptable evidence of military service directly from the claimant.

If the claimant does not have acceptable evidence of military service and has not received VA benefits, it may be beneficial and timesaving to request the information from the State or county where he/she was a resident at the time of discharge.

To assist in streamlining the process of obtaining verification of proof of military service in the Denver Region, a summary is attached (Exhibit) by State, of the availability of military service records and the fee to purchase the records.

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-1

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-2

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-3

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-4

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-5

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-6

Graphic Unavailable: ID G-RS_DEN01702.028-7

To Link to this section - Use this URL:
RS DEN01702.028 - DEVELOPMENT OF EVIDENCE - 06/07/2002
Batch run: 01/27/2009