DI 55050.001 Handling General Questions About SSA's Ticket To Work Program
Soc. Sec. Act as Amended in 1999, §§ 1148(b) and 1148(i); P.L. 106-107, 101(a), (d), and (e)(2)(A); 20 CFR 411.125, 411.130, and 411.160 through 411.225
A. Procedure – answer general ticket questions
Field components should answer general questions about SSA's Ticket to Work program that a beneficiary/recipient or a member of the general public asks. If the question requires a detailed explanation about the Ticket to Work program, refer the caller to MAXIMUS, SSA's Program Manager (see DI 55050.025).
B. Examples of general ticket questions
1. Is the ticket program available in my State now?
Refer to the chart in DI 55002.005C.8. to answer this question.
2. Will my disability benefits stop if I don't use my ticket?
No, your benefits will not stop. The Ticket to Work program is strictly voluntary. You have the option of deciding whether and when you want to use your ticket (see DI 55002.010A.).
3. Can someone who gets retirement benefits get a ticket?
No. To get a ticket you must getting a benefit based on disability or blindness (see DI 55002.005B.2.).
4. Will I get a new ticket if SSA approves my new claim for disability benefits?
Yes, provided you are eligible for a ticket when your new claim is approved (see DI 55002.010B.1.).
5. Will I get a new ticket if SSA approves my request for reinstated (EXR) benefits?
Yes, provided you are eligible for a ticket when your entitlement or eligibility is reinstated (see DI 55002.010B.3.).
6. What criteria do I have to meet to be eligible for a ticket?
Refer to DI 55002.005 to answer this question.